Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First week of my last year.

So after a very busy but surprisingly refreshing summer, I came home and in a whirlwind I: packed up my household goods and sent them to Maui, moved into my *very small apartment*, has to put my dog to sleep and moved my youngest into the dorms for the last time.  Literally all within the space of 8 days.  To say I was stressed would be an understatement.  I lost 10 pounds in 5 days.  I, was a wreck.  I still haven't dealt with the death of my dog.  I've had her since she was 7 weeks old and she was just shy of her 12th birthday.  She was a wonderful loving girl and I miss her terribly.  My husband is 2600 miles away and I seriously thought I might have a nervous break down before the week was out.  

But I didn't.  I did that thing Army Wives do.  I just did.  Now I just have to survive this one last year.  I am realizing that I have this year to plan out all the things I want to do one last time before I leave this place that I think I hate so much.  But maybe, I don't hate it so much.  I just am through being here.  I felt the same way when we were almost through being on Oahu and then the last day, when we were standing in the airport suddenly I didn't want to leave.  I don't want that to be my experience here so I am going to make sure I do it all.  Make all the memories I can one last time.  Even though I am here alone, I'm not really alone.  I have my friends and we are making memories that I love.  

And then, I'm outta here.  Maui, look out.  You will never be the same once I get there.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hon, i'm so sorry about the dog. It's painful and empty and it's not any easier when you have so many other transitions to handle at the same time.

    Be a list making nut and cross things off. Silly things, fun things, hard things, wacky things, things you never wanted to try but will.

    Atta girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much going on right now for you! I'm so proud at all of you've accomplished in the last few years and I know that you'll tackle this year with same tenacity and grace. ;) And just keep telling yourself ... one more E.WA winter, just one more ... and then you're done with them forever. ;)

    ReplyDelete