Monday, July 18, 2011

The one entitled "how my life went from crazy to insane in 24 hours" otherwise known as normal around here.

We moved to Maui.  Best decision ever.  When we made this decision we did it fully knowing that we would have to "sell" our house in Spokane which in today's market actually meant that we would probably end up losing it and our good credit score and therefore we would lose the ability to buy another home for a good 5-7 years.

When we got to Hawaii we discovered that we could actually buy a house completely, close it, move in and everything, before we sold our Spokane house.  This was good news.  We decided to immediatley start house hunting.  Houses in Maui are breath taking.  Breathtakingly EXPENSIVE.  But we found THE HOUSE.  I mean, I was ready to move in immediately and never leave.  We offered a ridiculous offer.  They accepted.  We owned a house.

Now we had to let go of our Spokane house by starting the short sell process (ugly, not something we wanted to do.)  BUT WAIT! Within hours of buying the house in Maui, an offer came in on our house in Spokane.  Nearly full price.  Good enough that we will not lose a penny.  We bought and sold our homes in the space of a day.

My head is spinning.  Now Husband has two houses (the new one and his rental cottage) and I have none.  I have to find a place to live and I will not be home until about 5 days before closing.  I will actually be out of the country.  Makes Craigslist hunting a bit tough.  But God has provided to this point and I am not going to stress.  I am going to sit and think about the view from my back yard and the beauty that awaits me when I return to Maui after successfully completing my last year of nursing school.  43 years old.  Finally graduating with a Bachelors of Science.  That's me.  All grown up.

Just trying to remember to breath.  In.  Out.  In....

2 comments:

  1. Things are never, never, never boring with you two!! I'm so glad to hear the Spokane house sold so quickly and I'll be sending lots and lots of good thoughts to you in finding an apartment - quick! You did text me your number - thank you! Call anytime!! (I'm working 2 jobs now and have some crazy hours, but would definitely call you back if I missed you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful how all things worked together for good! I hope someone will offer you the gift of a moving company who packs everything for you! I would if I could.

    ReplyDelete